September 3, 2009

Maria De Aragon






Maria De Aragon is best known for her role of Greedo in the original Star Wars movie. Greedo, as you probably know, was one of the bounty hunters hired by Jabba the Hutt to capture Han Solo. Poor Greedo was killed at the cantina in Mos Eisley. Of course, in the original movie (which I got to see first hand in a theater in Houston) Greedo never shot at Han. In the video below he shoots first (Lucas had this done for the re-release so Han would not be a "cold blooded killer").




Prior to that she appeared in several low budget movies in the early 70s.


The Cremators


Blood Mania



Maria and I in Plano, TX

1 comment:

  1. I love Greedo. Just about my favorite scene in the movie. In the three newer movies, why weren't there cool characters such as this? Or was is that I was a lot older so wasn't into it as much? I wanted to be.

    ReplyDelete